Happy Columbus day to all of you. This week we have some really interesting topics we want to cover! First our Medieval History Study Guide giveaway ends at midnight so make sure to get in those entries! Later this week we will be looking at self-directed learning and I think you'll enjoy that.
As today is Columbus day, I wanted to provide you with some resources for marking this historical day. First up, here's our favorite biographies:
Craft Activities for K-3:
- Make a map of Columbus' voyage complete with little ships.
- Make a papier-mâché globe and mark Columbus' voyage on it.
- Website with coloring pages and crafts appropriate for K-3.
Craft Activities for 5th-8th:
- Explanation of how an astrolabe, one of the navigational instruments used by Columbus, works along with a creative writing assignment.
- Assorted information and activities for Columbus Day.
Resources for High Schoolers: